Monday, December 1, 2008

A Great Gift Idea To Give or Receive!

If you are anything like me I am always scrambling just before a Birthday party or other special occasion to get the gift wrapped, or more commonly, "bagged"! And I seldom have thought ahead to get a card! I love giving cards! I think a card can mean more than the gift itself so the fact that I often don't think to buy one aggravates me!

I can't tell you how many times I have watched as the guest of honor opens their cards and laughs out loud in delight or cries and hugs the thoughtful card giver as they pass the greeting around for all to see! There I sit waiting, embarrassed and annoyed with myself, in anticipation to announce, when they are handed my gift, that
the cardless present is from me and that I "forgot" the card at home!
Anyone with me on this?

So many times I have hung my head low when I see someone that I sincerely MEANT to send a card to when they suffered the loss of someone near and dear to them, or had a special happening in their lives that seemingly went unnoticed by me!

Well, my Mom saved the day and gave me this Hallmark software kit for my Birthday and I love it! I love it so much that I just have to tell you about it! I know that we are all trying to be careful about spending our money on useful things and I think this Hallmark program is a great gift to receive or a fantastic gift to give! (No I don't work for Hallmark!)
I have used this countless number of times! Even my daughter makes her own cards for her friends and teachers! It is super easy to use! It provides hundreds of cards for every occasion! I can change the dialog in any of the cards, add a joke, and a persons name or nick name to personalize it and then print it out! And best of all I can let those who are celebrating, mourning, recuperating, those I want to thank, that I miss, that I love, or are thinking about know that I care about them!
Is there any gift better than that???

Here is a link to it!
http://www.hallmarksoftware.com/products/Card_Studio_2009/main.aspx
You can still find the 2008 edition, which is the one I have for about $20
(The site may try to sell you their paper but any regular computer paper, or card stock, will do!)

Oh, and Thanks Mom! Great gift! Yikes...I hope I remembered to send you a Thank you card!!!

Tip: a nice addition to this Hallmark software would be some colorful envelopes and some stamps!

Do you like this gift idea or do you have a neat gift idea to share?
click on "Comments" just below and tell me your thoughts!

Also, a reminder about Ladies Night!
Treat yourself to a night of pampering and do a little shopping, too! Join me at Jonathans Salon and Spa on Fore Street in Portland this Thursday night, Dec. 4th from 4-9 for Ladies Night! $25 will get you your choice of 4 services at the salon, wine, cheese, door prizes and discounts on nearly everything! I will be there selling my jennifersmells products! Call 871-8942 for more info. And to make a reservation! Space is limited!
Hope to see you there! Jen!

No comments: